MAPS members are grad students who actively want to socialize!
- Join us for quarterly meetings over happy hour where we share our collective ideas on the CREP curriculum and plan student networking opportunities;
- Join fellow graduate students on on-and-off campus meetups and field trips;
- Help organize the yearly Professional Development panel;
- Grab a shoulder to lean on, and an open set of ears for your schooling experience; and
- Get the inside-scoop on CBEIS with SAP faculty and staff;
- Get introduced to the Maryland Emerging Planners Group;
- Borrow tech we store in the lockers or brew a cup of coffee or tea from our locker stash before class.
- Furthermore, your $10 yearly contribution helps us build a fundraising base for the Planning Resource Room in CBEIS 364.
(View our Membership Powerpoint if you’re feeling nerdy).
Three Simple Steps to Become a Member
- E-mail us with a sentence or two of who you are and what interests you. Please fill out our mailing list for happy hours and SAP event reminders; then
- We’ll reach out to you to give you a cumulative walkthrough of area Planning Resources. Then when you have time,
- Give your $10 contribution to one of our board members, contribute online via Paypal (open in new window) or drop-off a closed envelope to Dr. Sanders-Thach’s mailbox in the SAP office (or slip under her office door). Your MAPS membership also includes membership to the APA Maryland Chapter Emerging Planners Group.
We also welcome leadership positions, since each year, students graduate and of course, enter the program!