MAPS Constitution and ByLaws can be found here.
Our Mission is to:
- Encourage extracurricular interaction between students, faculty, and alumni through a variety of social and intellectual activities.
- Enhance graduate education by introducing opportunities for professional development in the field of city and regional planning.
- Create awareness of, and assist students in, professional employment.
- Expand inter-departmental relations for students enrolled in programs of the School of Architecture + Planning and for the respective student organizations in the Architecture and Landscape Architecture programs.
- Encourage student membership in the American Planning Association (APA) and provide student assistance to the APA-Maryland Chapter.
- Encourage and actively promote student participation in civic, community, social, and environmental concerns.
- Serve as an advocacy group for City and Regional Planning (CREP) Students and a voice to the department.