Our Mission is to:
- Encourage extracurricular interaction between students, faculty, and alumni through a variety of social and intellectual activities.
- Enhance graduate education by introducing opportunities for professional development in the field of city and regional planning.
- Create awareness of, and assist students in, professional employment.
- Expand inter-departmental relations for students enrolled in programs of the School of Architecture + Planning and for the respective student organizations in the Architecture and Landscape Architecture programs.
- Encourage student membership in the American Planning Association (APA) and provide student assistance to the APA-Maryland Chapter via the Emerging Planners Group.
- Encourage and actively promote student participation in civic, community, social, and environmental concerns.
- Serve as an advocacy group for City and Regional Planning (CREP) Students and a voice to the department.
Interested in getting involved in leadership?
Our constitution is in an update for Fall 2019! MAPS’ existing Constitution and ByLaws can be found here.
Like what you see? Get Involved.