NOVEMBER 19, 2015….. Look out for this semester’s Professional Development Institute!
FALL SEMESTER 2015.
MAPS will hosting its first Fall Semester Professional Development Institute (PDI)
You will receive:
- Networking Opportunities with Professionals in Urban Planning, Architectural Design, Landscape Architects, APA (American Planning Association), AIA (American Institute of Architects) representatives and Transportation Engineers/Planning Professionals.
- Information from regional planning, architectural and transportation professionals about your profession of study and the latest advancements, information on the process of landing your first job, the benefits of being professionally certified, and much more!
STAY TUNED FOR MORE DETAILS ABOUT THE EVENT!
For questions about participation or sponsorship, contact Demond N. Brightful at MorganStatePlanning@gmail.com
FALL 2015 is HERE & We look forward to the many opportunities of:
- Encouraging extracurricular interaction between students, faculty, and alumni through a variety of social and intellectual activities.
- Enhancing our graduate education experience by introducing opportunities for professional development in the field of city and regional planning.
- Creating awareness of, and assist students in, professional employment.
- Expanding inter-departmental relations for students enrolled in programs of the School of Architecture + Planning and for the respective student organizations in the Architecture and Landscape Architecture programs.
- Encouraging student membership in the American Planning Association (APA) and provide student assistance to the APA-Maryland Chapter.
- Encouraging and actively promoting student participation in civic, community, social, and environmental concerns.
- And serving as a voice and advocacy group for students in the City and Regional Planning (CREP) program.
We at MAPS are excited about the new opportunities and upcoming planned events for academic year 2015 – 2016; however, we cannot do this without your support. If you are interested in joining MAPS and taking part in the benefits associated with being in an American Planning Association (APA) – Registered Student Organization, email us at: http://firstname.lastname@example.org to get information.
Calling All Student Planners and anyone that is Interested
MAPS general meeting will be held every 3rd Thursday of each month. The next meeting will be move because of the adjustment of the PDI which is November 19, 2015